The CS-Cart add-on Delivery Cost by Distance shows the final shipping price due to the distance from the store to the customer's place on the checkout.
Sometimes it's essential to use shipping rates based on distance to the final delivery place. So, the add-on "Delivery Cost by Distance" solves this problem and serves to calculate the shipping cost using distance intervals or shipping prices per mile or km.
- the administrator chooses the length type: a kilometer or a mile in the admin panel; ;
- the administrator can set up rates for different distances. For example, more than 10 km costs $2; more than 20 km costs $4;
- the distance from one point to another is calculated according to the Google Maps API;
- the distance from one point to another can be calculated according to the Yandex Maps API;
- the add-on sets the start point from the field Company Address (for CS-Cart edition) and the final point from the fields Address and City;
- for MultiVendor edition: the distance is calculated between the vendor location and the customer's place (fields Address and City);
- for registered users, the distance is shown on the product page, and the delivery price is shown on the 3rd step of the checkout process in the storefront;
- a special setting provides an opportunity to turn on the add-on's functionality only for authorized customers;
- there is only one request to the maps when the customer enters the website to know where they are from. These data are kept in the add-on's memory, and there are no more requests to the maps for this customer during the page refreshing. It reduces the number of map requests and saves you money on map provider fees.
- You can choose whether to use Google Maps or Yandex Maps.
- It works with the CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor editions.
- The Delivery Cost by Distance is fully compatible with the latest CS-Cart versions (up to version 4.9.3.).
- It works correctly with the modern versions of browsers: Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer.
IMPORTANT! For the addon to function properly, you will need an API key from Google or Yandex. You can specify information about pricing here and here.
How to get an API key for Google and Yandex.
In case you need to add some special features to this add-on, please, contact us.
- Download the archive with the Delivery Cost by Distance add-on.
- Unpack the archive's content and upload files to your server in the root directory with the installed CS-Cart.
- Log into the administration panel of your store and go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons.
- In the list of add-ons, find the Delivery Cost by Distance add-on and click Install opposite its name.
- Make sure that the status is “Active.”
- That's all, the add-on is installed.
- Store Builder
- Store Builder Ultimate
- Multi-Vendor Ultimate
- Multi-Vendor Plus
Alt-team is one of the most experienced team of CS-Cart developers. Starting to provide the online store development service in 2010, we released more than 100 add-ons for CS-Cart and MultiVendor editions. We fulfilled over 3500 projects on CS-Cart solution.
Alt-team is a team of talented PHP developers with 10+ years of experience with CS-Cart.
If you have any questions to us, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all our clients and