Import products from XML file
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
We start from installing an extension:
This extension will import list of products from external XML file to store.
After addon installation we have default imports, which we can use as a base to define custom imports.
We need to perform following operations:
- configure import
- download categories from xml file (if they exist)
- map categories from xml file to categories in store
- load products
Here we set basic parameters of import. Each options is described under a question mark, which activates after hovering a cursor over it.
In margin fields we can type plus or minus values, which causes increasing or decreasing products prices.
Here we type tag or tags, in which all products are closed (you need to open xml file in browser to check its structure)
Warning: Fields “Product tag” in tab “Products” and “Opening tags” in tab “General” are conjoined. In case of categories, which are in seperate tag in XML file (are seperate section, for which products are referencing) we suggest to type in “Opening tags” field tags of main XML structure to category, and in “Product tag” other tags that are leading to products. This way, category tree will be parsed without problems.
Extension provides three methods of importing categories:
- categories in product record - categories are downloaded directly from products (entire XML file is parsed and list of categories attached to products is generated)
- categories in external tag - categories are in seperate section of XML file, and there is a reference to them in products section.
- no categories - products from XML file will be put in category defined in text field (it must exist in store)
Mapping fields means linking tags from XML file to store database fields. Using these links, data will be loaded to store.
Warning: If loaded data is in tag attributes, type tag and then attribute id with # between.
Here we see store categories assigned to categories in XML.
Categories can be assigned by typing their numbers or by choosing category edit under the rack.
After import configuration, we can set cyclic importing from cron. Prepared link can be found in “Cron settings”
Warning: To correctly assign products to categories during import, besides mapping categories in “Mapping objects” tab, you need to assign its “Field type” - Category to correct tag in XML file.
We invite you to shopping!
- CS-Cart Ultimate
- Multi-Vendor Ultimate
- Multi-Vendor PLUS
No posts found