The add-on tracks the changes of main product properties. If you change the price of a product, the add-on saves current date, admin name who made the changes, new and old price values. If you change product status or list_price or some of the other values [see the FAQ for the full list of tracking fields] the History Log will save this information and you will be able see the changes made to the product (see screenshots).
This add-on also is very useful in case you use CS-Cart Multi-Vendor edition. You can see the changes made by vendors, and track the history of these changes. Together with Vendor Pre-moderation this will be a huge help in controlling in moderating vendor data.
This add-on will be useful in the following cases:
- If you want to know what changes were made to your product, e.g. you often change prices, or descriptions etc.;
- If you have several admins who manage you product catalog and want to control their actions;
- If you use Multi-Vendor and want to track all the changes Vendor made to their products.
Compatible with CS-Cart / Multi-Vendor 4.x.x!
- saves old and new values
- saves the data and time when the change was made
- saves admin/vendor who made the changes
- allows filtering by field name, admin name or date
- tracks the changes done by vendors for both approved & not approved products
HOW DO I GET THE ADD-ON
After you place the order, and it is processed, you will receive an email with a link to download add-on package.
Usually it takes not more than several minutes to get an order processed.
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Login to the administration panel of your store
2. Go to the Add-ons -> Manage add-ons page (in 4.1.5 and earlier versions it is on the left)
3. Click the "+" button in the top right corner of the page
4. Select the add-on package and click the "Upload & Install"
5. Most probably CS-Cart will ask for FTP access to your server provide with
1. Copy the entire content of the archive to the directory with installed CS-Cart store
2. Make sure that the folder /app/addons/1clue_products_history and its content exists in the YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/app/addons.
3. Make sure that the folder /design/backend/templates/addons/1clue_products_history and its content exists in the YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/design/backend/templates/addons/ folder.
4. In the admin area go to the add-ons list and click install "Product history log (by 1Clue)" add-on
Where can I find the changes"
- Go to the product page management in the admin area, and select the tab "Product History Log"
"I have Multi-Vendor. Can I see the changes made by Vendors with their products"
- Yes, you can see both changes made by Admins & Vendors.
"Does your add-on tracks all fields?"
- No. The add-on tracks only fields configured in the scheme. At the moment these are:
In case you need any additional field please contact me.
"Can this add-on affect my store performance"
- No, it can not. The products history data is stored in separate tables and selected only during the management of a particular product.
"If I uninstall the add-on will the history be deleted?"
- Yes, all the data related to the add-on will be deleted. Thus in case you uninstall the add-on all the history logs will be deleted.