All actions are performed in a developer account on CS-Cart Marketplace. If you do not have one, please apply for it using the form.
- Log in to your developer account.
- Go to the Products → Products page and click the Add product button.
- Fill in the following fields on the General tab.
- Name ━ add a name for your theme. It is not recommended to use names of CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor products.
- Categories ━ choose the Themes category.
- Price ━ all themes are purchased on developers’ side, so the cost of the theme on CS-Cart Marketplace and on the developer's website has to be the same. If the price of your product depends on some options, please specify the base value. Make sure to change this value every time you your price policy changes.
- Do not show price ━ check the box if your theme is only sold as a part of an integration, and is not sold individually. Enter the approximate cost of your theme for it not to fall into the list of free products.
- Live demo URL ━ if you have an active demo version of your theme, enter the link here.
- Full description ━ add the full description of the theme. In this field you can include:
- links to resources on your website (documentation, setup instructions, demo URL, etc.);
- developer contacts.
Most of the customers are English speakers, so we highly recommend adding a full description in English. Full description in Russian is optional. You can choose a language in the upper-left corner, but you can only do it after you save the add-on.
You can also use HTML code in add-on description.
- Images ━ add an icon of your theme and any additional images for the product. Required icon settings:
- aspect ratio - 2.5x1;
- minimum resolution - 350x140 pixels;
- PNG format.
Using labels such as Free, Best, etc., is prohibited and regulated by the administration of CS-Cart Marketplace.
- List price ━ if this value exceeds the regular price, a discount will appear on your theme page. The discount is equal to the difference between those values.
- Meta data:
- SEO name ━ please do not change the data in this field.
- Page title ━ enter the name of the page which will be displayed on the browser bar.
- Meta description ━ add a meta description to help search engines easily find your product.
- Meta keywords ━ add meta keywords for your theme.
- Short description ━ this description will be displayed in the product list.
- Popularity ━ the popularity rating based on how many times the product has been viewed, added to cart, and purchased.
- Search words ━ a list of words by which the product can easily found in the built-in search tool.
- Promo-text ━ leave this field empty.
4. Click the Create button to save the changes on the General tab. After that, other tabs become available.
5. Proceed to the following tabs:
- Product packages ━ upload the theme files. If you have correctly built packages of different theme versions, you can automatically create upgrade packages. Those upgrade packages will be available on the Administration → Upgrade center page in the admin panels of their your clients’ stores. The CS-Cart documentation has more information about Upgrade center.
As soon as you upload at least one package for the theme, it will be available for sale on CS-Cart Marketplace. Do not forget to pre-configure your payment methods.
- Options ━ choose an existing option, for example, BasicDomainName, or create your own options. The CS-Cart documentation has more information about options and how to create them.
- Variations ━ add your product to a variation group or add your own variations.
- Features ━ choose all applicable features for your theme to help customers find it:
- Product ━ specify which products your theme is made for (CS-Cart, Multi-Vendor, CS-Cart Ultimate, Multi-Vendor Ultimate).
- Compatible versions ━ specify the versions of the products that your theme is compatible with.
- Localisations ━ specify what languages the theme is available in.
- Server Update ━ check the box if the theme supports updating via the Update center.
- Free ━ check the box if your theme is available for free.
- External ID ━ specify an external ID to connect with your accounting and sales system. You can leave this field empty if you don't want to get the sales data from CS-Cart Marketplace via API.
- License number prefix ━ set a prefix for a license number which is generated when the theme is sold. If you leave this field empty, the MP prefix will be used by default. A maximum of six (6) letters of the Latin alphabet can be used as a prefix.
- Tags ━ add tags for your theme. Correctly selected tags will help customers find your theme.
- Attachments ━ add files (for example, setup instruction) to your theme. The files will be available to download for customers.
- Reviews ━ check customers reviews of your theme.
- Update with Git ━ configure automatic uploading of new versions of the theme after pushing changes to a repository on Bitbucket or GitHub.
6. Save your changes.
7. Your product is now available for preview. Click the gear in the upper-right corner and choose Preview.
This opens a preview page that is only available to you. This is how website visitors will see your theme. You can always make any adjustments in your theme settings.
8. After you click the Save button, the new theme is sent for moderation. The list of products under moderation is available on the Products on moderation tab on the Products → Products page.
After the theme will be approved, information about it will be published on CS-Cart Marketplace.