Fill in the fields on the registration page https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/apply-for-a-developer-account.html and wait for the confirmation of registration. It might take 2 or 3 days.
In the “Developers” section of the “Developers” menu
(https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/developer.php?dispatch=companies.manage) click on your company to edit the basic data about the company.
First of all, we recommend doing some necessary actions in the following tabs:
- General—fill in the contact information; it will be displayed in the invoices and orders sent to customers, as well as in the directory of companies.
- Description—this is the description of your company that will appear in the search results at marketplace.cs-cart.com and in the company profile.
- Services—specify what you do and what languages you use. This will help users find you faster.
- Logos—set the logos for your company and e-mail messages.
- Featured products—specify the products that will be displayed on your company’s description page.
- Terms & Conditions—put in the text of the license agreement (if any) for the buyers of your add-ons and themes.
- Bank information—place the text with bank details, some payment systems require this.
On the "Developer’s administrators" page (https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/developer.php?dispatch=profiles.manage&user_type=V), view the list of your users. Add or remove users there using the “+” button in the top right corner.
Setting up a payment method
The next step for starting sales in the market is to add a payment method. The marketplace operates in the Direct Payments mode: the money from customers goes directly to the accounts of your vendors. You can add a payment method in the “Administration > Payment methods” menu.
- Next, we move on to adding products for sales. Go to the “Products > Products” menu. Here you can create, view, and edit products.
- Creation of products:
- Click on the “+” button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Fill in the required fields on the “General” tab and click “Create”. Only then will the remaining product settings become available.
- Switch to the editing of products by clicking on their name.
- Add packages for your add-on on the “packages” tab. If you want to configure automatic uploading of new versions of the add-on, configure this in the “Update with Git” tab.
- Make sure to check the product information in all languages, especially when you’re editing products. Even if you only have a description in English (which got copied to other languages), changing it for English won’t change it for other languages.
- Add the necessary options and characteristics to the product (“Options” and “Features” tabs)
Options (before you add a new option, please use the “Link an existing option” search field to see if such an option exists):
- Domain Name
- Upgrade plans—this option will allow the buyer to choose for how long to subscribe for updates, and at what price.
- Product—for what product (CS-Cart, Multi-Vendor) add-on/theme is designed.
- Compatibility with versions—the numbers of product versions the add-on/theme works with.
- Localizations—the languages that the add-on/theme supports.
- Free/Paid—whether the add-on/theme is free or not (needed for filtering).
- External ID—product ID in an external system; required for synchronization with your accounting system.
- License number prefix—prefix for the issued licenses.
- Server Update—does the add-on update through the CS-Cart admin panel.
- Architecture—is the add-on designed for the frontend or backend.
- Purpose—for whom the add-on is most intended.
- Color scheme—color scheme of the theme.
- Monochromatic—whether or not the theme is monochrome.
- Responsive theme—whether or not the theme is responsive.
If you are not satisfied with the standard option variants, you can create your own option.
Standard options have a code basic[option_name]
Selling of license renewals
To sell license renewals, you need to create a promotion with the special condition “License prolongation selected”.
To view orders, you need to go to the menu “Orders > View orders”. By clicking on an order you can view detailed information about it. The second option is to receive data through the API.
Viewing issued licenses
To view licenses, you need to go to the “Orders > Licenses” menu. This is the page with the list of licenses. On the same page, you can change the end time of an upgrade subscription for a license.
For integration, you need to configure the "License number issued" in the "Administration > Web hooks” menu.
In this field, specify the URL address at which CS-Cart Marketplace will report the number of the paid order (order_id) in which the licenses were issued. The data is sent in JSON format and contains only one parameter—the number of the new order.
After receiving this number you can get all the necessary details of the order using our standard API.
The API response to the GET request (GET /orders/:id) will include not only the standard data described in the documentation but also external_id and license_number.
The value of the External ID comes in products.extra.external_id. The issued license number comes in products.extra.license_number.
For integration, you will also need an API key, to get it:
- Go to the “Developer’s administrators > Developer’s administrators” menu.
- Select the user you want to give access to.
- Click “Generate a new API key”.
Paying commission debts
On the administration home page (https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/developer.php), your current debt is displayed in the upper left part of the screen. To pay it, click the "Pay the debt" button, after which you will be taken to the payment page.
We remind you that:
- If your commission debt reaches the threshold that is set in your plan, then your access to the admin panel will be blocked.
- After the end of the trust period, your products will be withdrawn from sales.