All actions are performed in a developer account on CS-Cart Marketplace. If you do not have one, please apply for it using the form.
1. Log in to your developer account.
2. Go to the Products → Products page and click the Add product button.
3. Fill in the following fields on the General tab.
- Name ━ name of the add-on must fully reflect its features.
- Categories ━ specify one or more categories for your add-on to make it easier for customers to find it. To choose the most relevant category, click the corresponding radio button.
- Price ━ the cost of the add-on on CS-Cart Marketplace and on the developer's website has to be the same. If the price of your product depends on some options, please specify the base value and add the options to your add-on here, on CS-Cart Marketplace. Make sure to change this value every time you your price policy changes.
- Do not show price ━ check the box if your add-on is only sold as a part of an add-on pack/integration, and is not sold individually. Enter the approximate cost of your add-on for it not to fall into the list of free products.
- Live demo URL ━ if you have an active demo version of your add-on, enter the link here.
- Full description ━ add the full description of the add-on to help customers find out about the advantages of your product. In this field you can include:
- links to resources on your website (documentation, setup instructions, demo URL, etc.);
- developer contacts.
Most of the customers are English speakers, so we highly recommend adding a full description in English. Full description in Russian is optional. You can choose a language in the upper-left corner, but you can only do it after you save the add-on.
You can also use HTML code in add-on description.
- Images ━ add an icon of your add-on and any additional images for the product. Required icon settings:
- aspect ratio - 2.5x1;
- minimum resolution - 350x140 pixels;
- PNG format.
Using labels such as Free, Best, etc., is prohibited and regulated by the administration of CS-Cart Marketplace.
If you don't have a suitable image, you can make it by reading the article about add-on icon requirements first.
- List price ━ if this value exceeds the regular price, a discount will appear on your add-on page. The discount is equal to the difference between those values.
- Meta data:
- SEO name ━ please do not change the data in this field.
- Page title ━ enter the name of the page which will be displayed on the browser tab.
- Meta description ━ add a meta description to help search engines easily find your product.
- Meta keywords ━ add meta keywords for your add-on.
- Short description ━ this description will be displayed in the product list. If you leave this field empty, the first characters of the full description will be displayed as a short one.
- Popularity ━ the popularity rating based on how many times the product has been viewed, added to cart, and purchased.
- Search words ━ a list of words by which the product can easily found in the built-in search tool.
- Promo text ━ brief description of your add-on (up to 130 characters). Promo text is displayed on the quick product preview.
4. Click the Create button to save the changes on the General tab. After that, other tabs become available.
5. Proceed to the following tabs:
- Product packages ━ upload the add-on files. If you have correctly built packages of different add-on versions, you can automatically create upgrade packages. Those upgrade packages will be available on the Administration → Update center page in the admin panels of your clients’ stores. The CS-Cart documentation has more information about Upgrade center.
As soon as you upload at least one package for the add-on, it will be available for sale on CS-Cart Marketplace. Do not forget to pre-configure your payment methods.
- Options ━ choose an existing option, for example, BasicDomainName, or create your own options. The CS-Cart documentation has more information about options and how to create them.
- Variations ━ add your product to a variation group or add your own variations.
- Features ━ choose all applicable features for your add-on to help customers find it:
- Product ━ specify which products your add-on is made for (CS-Cart, Multi-Vendor, CS-Cart Ultimate, Multi-Vendor Ultimate).
- Compatible versions ━ specify the versions of the products that your add-on is compatible with.
- Localisations ━ specify what languages the add-on is available in.
- Server Update ━ check the box if the add-on supports updating via the Upgrade center.
- Development ━ specify which part of the architecture your add-on affects (backend/frontend).
- Recipient ━ specify who benefits from your add-on the most: customers, owners or vendors.
- Free ━ check the box if your add-on is available for free.
- External ID ━ specify an external ID to connect with your accounting and sales system. You can leave this field empty if you don't want to get the sales data from CS-Cart Marketplace via API.
- License number prefix ━ set a prefix for a license number which is generated when the add-on is sold. If you leave this field empty, the MP prefix will be used by default. A maximum of six (6) letters of the Latin alphabet can be used as a prefix.
- Tags ━ add tags for your add-on. Correctly selected tags will help customers find your add-on.
- Attachments ━ add files (for example, setup instruction) to your add-on. The files will be available to download for customers.
- Reviews ━ check customers reviews of your add-on.
- Update with Git ━ configure automatic uploading of new versions of the add-on after pushing changes to a repository on Bitbucket or GitHub.
6. Save your changes.
7. Your product is now available for preview. Click the gear in the upper-right corner and choose Preview.
This opens a preview page that is only available to you. This is how website visitors will see your theme. You can always make any adjustments in your add-on settings.
8. After you click the Save button, the new add-on is sent for moderation. The list of products under moderation is available on the Products on moderation tab on the Products → Products page.
After the add-on will be approved, information about it will be published on CS-Cart Marketplace.