The "Image Optimization" addon provides an opportunity to reduce the size (in bytes) of images and thumbnails using external service Resmush.it without significant loss of image quality. This allows you to increase the page loading speed on your site that has a positive effect on its ranking in search engines.
After installing the module for the convenience of working with images the "Administration->Image Optimization" page is shown. Here all store images with the necessary properties are displayed. You can also configure the CRON job to image optimization performed automatically without your participation.
- Easy image management panel with search and sorting;
- Ability to optimize the image in order to increase the speed of pages loading and increase the index Google PageSpeed tool;
- Ability to optimize the generated thumbnail images;
- Ability to create a backup image before optimization, followed by reduction;
- Ability to optimize the image directly on the upload;
- Ability to use CRON script on the server to automatically optimize images and thumbnails;
- Ability to view the image size before and after the optimization;
- The ability to download or delete the image from the page "Administration->Optimizing images";
- Ability to optimize only the new images;
- Ability to select the compression level of images;
- Supported image formats: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF
- The maximum possible size of the image to optimize: 5MB
IMPORTANT: For stores with a large number of images is recommended to use a CRON scripts for optimization.