Two-Factor Authentication is the most effective way to protect your store against remote attacks. You double up security with a physical device - your smartphone. Attackers cannot access your account without this device.
You will need to have Duo Mobile application installed on your smartphone. It is available for iPhones, Androids, BlackBerry and many more.
The first factor is your username and password for the primary authentication. The second factor can be:
Push notifications are strongly recommended by Duo as a second factor.
Start authorizing in the store by entering your username and password.
You’ll be suggested to select a method for the second step of authentication.
Let’s select Push notification.
Slide to view the push notification.
Your login request has been approved. Authorization is successful. You have logged in to the admin panel of your store.
1. Install the Two-factor authentication by Duo add-on. Enter the details of your Duo account in the add-on settings.
2. Enable two-factor authentication under Settings -> Security settings:
Set up authenticator for the administrator.
1. Select the necessary admin under Customers > Administrators.
2. Open the Editing profile page and switch to the Two-factor authentication tab. Click Enroll.
3. You will be taken to the Duo website to set up your account. Click Start setup and complete all the steps.
You should get the following notice at the end of the setup process:
4. Go back to the admin profile and click Check status.
5. Test your integration by using one of the methods: code from Duo mobile, push notification, or phone call.
6. Сlick Save the changes.
Learn more about the add-on in our User guide.
The add-on is compatible with CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 and above.